This magical two-centre India tour will take in the tranquillity of the Himalaya – exploring Buddhist temples and enjoying yoga in our unique location. Based near Dharamsala in the scenic foothills of the Himalaya. Along with the beauty and magnificent architecture of the Pink City – Jaipur – in the deserts of Rajasthan. Where we will take in sights including the Amber Fort and enjoy yoga in the grounds of our own Palace hotel!
There is also an option to extend your trip to visit the Taj Mahal before flying home.
Your tour is led by Lindsey Porter, an Akhanda Hatha, Curvy Yoga and Special Needs qualified yoga teacher with 13+ yoga teaching years based in Scotland. Lindsey is passionate about sharing the benefits yoga can bring to all minds and bodies. She is a Tutor for the Yoga Scotland Foundation course, co-founder of an international yoga podcast series listened to in over 70 countries (voicesofyoga.com), is a published author and has had articles published in the Huffington Post, Yoga and OM Yoga magazines. She is a Signatory and Champion of the Mental Health Charter for Physical Activity and Sport in Scotland and is an active supporter and fundraiser for SAMH a Scottish Mental Health charity. With a background of 20 years managing international projects in Financial Services, she has worked and travelled extensively and has previous experience of leading a yoga group in India – you will be in good hands to make this a deeply enjoyable journey.
Find about more about your host, Lindsey at yoganuu.com
yoganuu.com Proud to a be a Signatory of the Mental Health Charter for Activity and Sport “Be Brilliant You” Get in touch to discover more about my yoga classes, workshops and longer Retreats
Lindsey looks forward to leading you through this insightful trip. Firstly, enjoying the mountains of the great Himalaya, its superb views, the ambience influenced strongly by Buddhism with a visit to the nunnery founded by Jetsunma Tenzin Palmo whose story was told in the book ‘Cave in the Snow’ , and exploring the Dalai Lama’s temple complex in Dharamsala and nearby village of McLeod Ganj. Taking all this in our stride with a regular balanced yoga practice and time to relax and unwind.
From here, we will take our exploration down to the wondrous Pink City of Jaipur, one of the jewels of Rajasthan. Here we will balance yoga practices with taking in the splendour and beauty of the sights and palaces. We will also get time to take in a few of the Delhi ‘must sees’ on our arrival into India. The level of yoga is suitable for beginners to Intermediate levels and modifications will always be available. The physical yoga practice will also include aspects of breathwork (pranayama), mantra, mindfulness and relaxation.
Yoga, Palaces & Buddhist
- Return Interanational flights with Emirate Airlines from Glasgow, Heathrow and other regional UK airports in economy class.
- 2 x Internal flights as per itinerary: from Delhi to Amritsar and from Dharamsala to Delhi in Economy Class
- Train tickets and reservations as per itinerary in AC Executive Chair Class
- 13 night’s accommodation in hotels as per itinerary, sharing twin or double room with en-suite facilities (Check-in is 1400 hrs and checkout 12 noon. Early check-in late checkouts are subject to availability)
- Daily breakfast and dinner at all hotels (except dinner on day 14). Lunches are included every day at local restaurants
- All arrival/departure transfers, long drives and sightseeing by a chauffeur driven private air-conditioned coach.
- Services of a local English-speaking representative for all arrival and departure transfers to assist you at the airports and railway station.
- Services of English speaking guides and local specialists during sightseeing as specified in the itinerary. Entrance fees to all monuments during sightseeing as specified in the itinerary
- Services of Canon Tony Fensome as trip leader
- complementary Mineral water while travelling & sightseeing
- Full ATOL & ABTA bonding
- Agra extension includes private car transfers, entry free, first class air conditioned train tickets, sightseeing with local English speaking guide and overnight hotel stay in Delhi or in Agra.
- One night’s additional accommodation in the Ibis New Delhi Aerocity hotel or Raddison Blue Hotel in Agra including breakfast
- Return transport from Delhi to Agra in private chauffeur-drive air-conditioned mini-coach. Or private car for Jaipur -Agra option
- Entrance fees to Taj Mahal and Agra Fort
- English speaking guide
- Mineral water while traveling
- Dinner out on day 14
- India visa fee. You can now apply for visa on arrival in India- please click here for more information. https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/tvoa.html
- Any expenses of a personal nature like laundry, telephone calls, beverages etc.
- Tips and gratuities
- Camera fees at monuments and other places of interest.
- Travel Insurance: It is essential to have adequate travel insurance in place before your departure. This should be appropriate for your age, health and destination you are visiting.
- To book this tour , please compete the booking form, sign and e-mail it to us. A non-refundable deposit of £500.00 per person is needed at the time of booking. Balance payments will be due 8 weeks before departure. You can make the deposit payment by debit card or electronic transfers to our bank. Our Bank details are on the booking form. Bookings are confirmed on first come first served basis. When the tour is full we will take about 5 additional names on the waiting list to replace their booking with any cancellations etc.
- If you wish to join the tour and fly from any country other than United Kingdom please contact us for land only arrangements.
- It includes comprehensive medical and repatriation cover
- It provides cover for your whole trip
- It covers you for all activities
- It covers all your pre-existing medical conditions
- Keep your Policy Number and Insurer’s 24-hour Emergency Number handy with you To get a competitive quote for comprehensive travel insurance click here